Monday, June 26, 2006

You only go around once...

See...here's the deal: I've somehow been raised to expect more than most I guess. Ever since I can remember I've always expected more than what life puts in front of me. Family, friends, hobbies, relationships...a woman...everything. 'Is 10 the highest? Do the make ones that go to 11??'

I always have to leave my mark...the "Darin was here" type of idea. It has gotten me into trouble sometimes, but having somewhat high expectations has usually driven me beyond 'the norm' to experience some really neat things in my life.

So...when my interests turned towards an Emmy winning '70's detective show that left the airwaves 13 years before I even watched a full episode, I kept my eye out of for anything related to it.

You only go around once I figure, so why not push it?? When I get hooked on something, I commit to it because of my need to find out everything...so why should Rockford be any different??!

Some people read books...

Not me...after I read them I must become friends with the author!


Some people have a favourite band...

Not enough for me...I must meet ALL my fav bands, shake ALL their hands, and then somehow end up doing some personal artwork for them and in turn have them band thank ME!

Some people like movies...

Not good enough for me until I go to Hollywood, live in Beverly Hills, and work on a movie...

Some people have a favourite TV show...

Again, not good enough for me until I buy and read everything related, meet it's lead actors, collect their autographs, restore and drive the same 1979 car, have the car be showcased in the newspaper, own the same plate number, do the artwork and all covers for the official book of the series, get it autographed 4 times by the star, have him thank ME by sending me 4 bottles of his private wine, and then design and distribute DVD/CD artwork for hundreds of fellow fans.

Insane or Driven?.....dunno yet...but it sure was a hell of a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home