Sunday, June 25, 2006

Autographs enter the picture...


This is the autograph that started it all...




A few years pass...I bought magazines here and there with Garner on them and my eyes became trained to find the words "rockford" or garner" anywhere. Then, just after the success of the Maverick feature film and the Rockford TV movies that debuted in 1994, I began seeing more autographed pictures of him show up as his popularity grew again. This one pictured above, I couldn't pass up buying as it came with a dress tie that Mr. Garner had designed for a charity benefit. After the lady who was selling this picture saw how big of a fan I was, she reached behind the sales desk into a drawer and said : " here, since you're such a big fan of his, why don't you have this tie as well? " She then threw the tie in for free with the pic. I've never seen one like this since. It actually says Mr. Garner designed it on the reverse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home